One of the Europeana Collections 1914-1918 project’s goals is to expand and enlarge its network.
By enlarging the network we hope to obtain a significant augmentation of the number of digitised objects related to WW1 and to contribute in the conservation and preservation of precious and rare documents. Our goal is to enrich our current collection and fill in any possible gaps in our selection. Cooperation with different partners will also enable us to improve our project website as a unique platform for digital heritage related to WW1.
What are possible benefits for network partners?
Participating in the Europeana Collections 1914-1918 project brings along many benefits. Among the main benefits and positive outcomes of participation, there are the following:
- being part of the largest community contributing digitized objects from World War One times to Europeana
- being part of an interdisciplinary cross-domain community, expert in digitisation topics, which sees a close cooperation with Europeana;
- benefiting from good practices and tools developed in the Europeana Collections 1914-1918 project
- being able to contribute advice, expertise and ideas
- participating in dissemination and training activities
- being able to use project materials and outputs within professional and academic contexts
What can we offer to new partners?
Concretely, we can support your institution on the way to Europeana with:
- helping your institution for the research of extra funding to digitize your collections related to WW1
- sharing information about the Guidelines for selection of items for Europeana Collections 1914-1918 and the Classification of content supported by the project
- sharing information to monitor the digitization process reporting template
- sharing information about dissemination activities and online setting of your collections on the thematic portal, learning micro site and virtual exhibition in preparation
Please click “How to become an official network partner of the Europeana Collections 1914-1918 project?” for information on the next steps to join our project. Thank you very much!